Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June Update

Playgrounds are open! After a long pandemic-induced closure, playgrounds in Columbus opened last Wednesday. We went on Friday, and I was prepared to leave if it got too crowded. It never did. It's nice to have another option for the summer.

My back hurts! I feel like I'm getting a preview of life in my 70s, and I don't care for it. This is the second time this year that I've hurt it in a ridiculous manner. (The first time I was rolling over in bed in the middle of the night. This time I think I first felt a twinge when I was brushing my teeth on Saturday morning. Sigh.) It seems to follow the same pattern. Day 1: I'm completely useless. Day 2: Mostly useless. Day 3: Slow moving and in pain, but I can do more. Day 4: Much better. Today is day 4, so we'll see.

I'm freelancing more! I recently started writing for The Hub Springfield, and I love it! I worked for Springfield's daily newspaper from 2003 to 2007 and have been freelancing for a few Springfield and Dayton publications since we returned to Ohio from New York in 2013, so I know the area well. I love the features and profiles that I've been writing. An added bonus is that it's all online, when many of the long articles I've written in the last several years have been in print only. Check it out! New articles are published on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...