Tuesday, June 30, 2020

What Would've Been

It's hard not to think this week about where we would have been right now had this been a normal year: a cruise ship touring Alaska. We would have boarded in Seattle on Sunday, after a few days in Portland. I would have crossed two states -- Oregon and Alaska -- off of my short list of states left to visit.

I know that in the scheme of things it's not really that big of a deal. We'll rebook for next summer or, if this is still going on, the summer after that. Still, we booked this trip a full year ago and have been looking forward to it ever since. I don't think I've ever booked a vacation that far in advance!

At the moment we aren't planning a trip this summer. Beach vacations seem the safest bet, but we did that last year and I really don't care for the beach well enough to go more than once every few years. In any case, wrangling a 7-year-old and 5-year-old into masks in an unknown location doesn't seem like much fun. We'll see what the months (year?) ahead brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...