Tuesday, October 29, 2019

A Summer Afternoon in Park City, Utah


I'm not a skier, but even if I were I wouldn't find much of it in Park City, Utah, in August. Nevertheless, I was interested in seeing the ski resort area during our recent visit to Salt Lake City. At only 40 minutes away, it was an easy goal to accomplish.

Why did I want to visit? Maybe it was my memories of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, of which there are still many signs and reminders. And when I came across the Atticus Coffee & Teahouse online, I knew we had to pay a visit.

We arrived in Park City in time to eat a very late lunch at the town's Wasatch Brew Pub location, then we walked up and down the crowded Main Street. Of course I took many photos of Atticus in front of "his" Atticus shop!







The street seemed like the main street of any small tourist town, except with a ski-and-outdoor bent. Interestingly, several restaurants had "patios" on the other side of the sidewalk, essentially taking up a parking space or two, and on a platform so they would sit flat on the steep hill.

Park City was a fun detour and a good way to spend the afternoon, if only for the photos of Atticus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...