Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Neverending Summer

Yesterday was October 8, and I got out the kiddie pool and sprinkler. Edith dug out a dress to wear to school. The temperature reached 88 degrees, if not higher.

Is this fall for real?

The leaves have started to fall, and the kids had their bathing suits on. Neighborhood porches are lined with pumpkins and Halloween decorations while they played in the sprinkler.

I like the heat better than the cold, and I'm far from complaining about the weather. It just feels weird to wear shorts while we're counting down the days until our fall cabin weekend with friends. I keep forgetting that it's October and not July.

But while the thermometer will reach into the 80s through tomorrow, autumn is knocking on our door. The overnight lows are in the 30s and 40s for the following week, and I'm trying not to think about the snow that will be here before we know it. I'll take the pool above icicles any day.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...