Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Atticus Loves Slime



Atticus officially loooooooves slime.

I had never made it before -- I tend to shy away from anything that makes a big mess, and slime was even less appealing since many recipes call for borax. I didn't want to deal with it.

But at a recent meeting of a club I'm in, slime-making was on the agenda for the kiddos. Perfect! Atticus could make it, and I wouldn't even have to clean up.

It actually wasn't as bad as I anticipated. The recipe was simple enough -- mix about a 1/2 cup of glue with roughly 1/3 cup of water. Add some food coloring and baking soda. Then add a tablespoon or two of the secret ingredient -- contact solution. No borax needed!

Atticus was enthralled, especially when he grabbed some googly eyes from another craft table and stuck them in his slime. The slime itself was gooey but not sticky, and the only mess was on his skin. His hands could have been confused for a Smurf's, but it washed off easily enough.

Later in the week, the slime kept him occupied (and silent) for an hour or so while I got some work done. And anyone with a three-year-old knows that an hour of silence is worth nearly any clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...