Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Presidents Day Update

Another year, another Presidents Day, another book about a president.

Just a few weeks ago I finished the next biography on our quest to read a book about each president, this one on Herbert Hoover. I knew next to nothing about him, so it was an interesting read. And the holiday inspired me to start our book on Franklin D. Roosevelt yesterday, so maybe I'll actually finish two presidential biographies (or more?!) in the next year. One can dream.

Of course, the long presidential campaign season, the election and then the events of the last month have put me into presidential-info overload. But it has been interesting to be able to compare our current president and political engineering in general to those of the past with a little bit of knowledge. I may not agree with the policies, but at least I can understand some of the history behind the ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...