Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Movie Theater Outing

I've heard a million times that you do things differently with your second child, and I agree a million percent. Case in point -- yesterday I took Atticus to his first movie at a theater.

Edith's came shortly before she turned three years old. By contrast, Atticus is a few weeks shy of two. In both cases, the first outing was at a local theater that shows movies that have long been released for around $1.50 per ticket. So if the kid can't take it, at least we're out less than 5 bucks.

Edith, Atticus and I saw "Moana," the newest Disney flick. We arrived in the middle of previews, and only a handful of patrons were there. Edith asked a couple of questions too loudly, and Atticus had a couple of minor fussy moments, but all went well. On our way out, I saw another mom who had kids about their same ages. I like to think the smile I gave her was conspiratorial.

It was a lovely outing for a cold, gray day. Looking forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...