Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Another Election Over

Nov. 8, 2016

I woke up on Election Day, excited to vote and excited to watch the results come in that night. I went to bed considerably more despondent.

Paul, voting Libertarian, was confident he would be disappointed in the outcome of the election. By contrast, I was feeling optimistic with my vote for Clinton. But the polls were wrong.

I'm still coming to terms with the idea of a President Trump. I've voted for losing presidential candidates before, but it's never taken me so long to get over it. Differences of opinion, I said then. I can't get over the thought that this runs deeper.

In any case, I wish our country the best. Please prove my predictions wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...