Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Movie Night Redefined


We did something different at our neighborhood block party in June -- we borrowed a neighbor's projector and screened "Back to the Future" on our garage door. Adults and kids floated in and out, but Paul and I and a couple of neighbors stuck it out til the end. It was fun.

So fun, in fact, that Paul and I decided to get a projector of our own. We never did decide on what to get each other last Christmas. This seemed like as good a thing as any to settle the score.

And so far, so good. We got it last week and screened our first movie on Friday. My birthday, my pick: "Bride and Prejudice." Paul picked Saturday's Indiana Jones film.

We started a Facebook group for friends and neighbors to join, so we can easily share what is airing when. Our Roku also is compatible, so I'm hoping we can have other events as well, like election night results or Ohio State football games. It's like I'm a kid again and this is my new toy.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...