Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Day at the Columbus Zoo

Neither Edith nor Atticus had ever been to a zoo, and I couldn't remember the last time I had visited. So when Paul had a Monday off at the beginning of the month, we headed to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.

My idea of a good time doesn't involve being surrounded by animals. Nevertheless, I did want to see the newish Africa area of the zoo -- particularly the giraffes. I got my wish but didn't realized until we got there how close I was to being disappointed. The exhibit was to already have been closed, but the weather was so warm that day (about 70 degrees) that the giraffes were out.




We saw lions and tigers and bears as well as monkeys, fish and rhinos. The kangaroo exhibit was locked, but we did see penguins, flamingos and animals that I'd never even heard of.








Of course, toddler Edith often seemed more excited by the playground and statues to climb on, but it was a fun, exciting day. After about five hours of exploring, she was practically asleep before we left the parking lot that afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...