Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Clintonville's Duckling Day 2015


The Whetstone branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library hosts many events, but one sticks out above all others: Duckling Day. We attended the annual event in Clintonville this past Saturday, and Edith had a great time.


Hundreds of kids dressed up as ducks march alongside or around the library, and the morning is filled with special events. Outside the library are live ducks to look at, and toy ones in kid pools. (Edith definitely preferred the latter.) Inside are duck-themed crafts, a puppet show and music. And the kiddos go home with goody bags that include a duck-based book, which I think I was commanded to read six times before I finally put Edith down for her nap yesterday.


Atticus had a duck costume, too -
over his carrier!



This was Edith's second Duckling Day. (Here's a run-down of her first.) Atticus attended his first this year, although he slept against my chest in my Moby carrier the entire time. Not so memorable for him, perhaps, but I hope it was for Edith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...