Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Nesting for New Baby

Nesting is real, and with about three weeks til D(elivery)-Day, it's in full swing.

We bought a new couch last week. We set up the baby swing and pack-n-play a few days ago. The car seat is installed. When I last looked in the closet, I had 17 rolls of paper towels.

Next up: cleaning our bedroom, filing papers and packing my hospital bag. And who knows what I'll think up next. In the weeks before Edith, I was washing a hallway wall with a mop after a leak from the upstairs apartment caused barely noticeable streaks.

It's hard to believe that in all likelihood, this baby will be here in less than a month. And yet with all the cleaning, laundry and preparation, we're bound to forget something.

With Edith, it was buying a travel-size container of wipes. I went to her first pediatrician appointment with a full container in the diaper bag. Two years later, I now know that a few wipes in a resealable plastic bag would have been just fine!

What have we forgotten that we will learn all over again? What will this baby teach us that we never knew before? We'll find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...