Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Girls' Day Out


With baby on his way any day now, my one-on-one time with Edith is limited. That's hit me harder than I expected. So I decided to plan a special day out last Friday, just the two of us.

First, we got our hair cut. Then we went shopping. (OK, that was mostly for me -- I needed to pick up some stuff at Target!)

After that, it was out to eat. We went to the mall in nearby Worthington to eat at First Watch, a breakfast/lunch spot that's like a much nicer Denny's. It was the first time we'd ever been to a restaurant alone! We split my meal and muffin. I now know she loves lemon poppyseed muffins and clam chowder, but she wasn't that much of a fan of my veggie sandwich.



Then the part that was just for her. The mall has an indoor playground which Edith has been to before. But this time she absolutely loved it. She went up the stairs and down the slide for almost an hour.


As I've gotten bigger and more uncomfortable, it's been difficult to give Edith the attention she's used to. It was rewarding to have a unique day for just us girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...