Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weather, Here & At Home

Cold weather has arrived.

I awoke in the middle of the night when I heard the heaters kick on. We can't control the heat in our apartment (it's a building-wide system) but the unexpected warmth didn't come a minute too soon. We set up the space heater yesterday, which is all the more sad since we haven't taken out our air conditioner yet.

The weather during our week in Ohio hit both extremes. The high during our first weekend there was about 80 degrees. But the last day began with what I believe was the first frost of the season. But mostly the week was cool and sunny- perfect for taking a few photos around my parents' home:





I took the photos on my last morning in Defiance, when I was already feeling some pre-homesickness about leaving. At home I did the typical vacation activities: shopping, eating, sleeping. But I also spent a lot of time with my parents, grandparents, sister and her new husband.

I once thought Columbus seemed far from home. But at least then I could visit at the last minute or simply for the weekend. Now that it's more of an ordeal, I appreciate the time I spend there even more.

2 comments:

  1. Your description makes me simultaneously severely home sick and also intensely relieved to be away from Ohio. 80 degrees followed by frost.. yep! Glad I'm not there! But giant trees and ponds without concrete and charming old barns.. Oh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you guys a lot Diane...can't wait to see you two again in December!!

    And whoop whoop for Paul! I am so stinkin' proud of him for finishing the marathon. That's my bro!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...