Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Re-entering Normal Life

Life is slowly returning to normal after the height of the coronavirus pandemic. We don't wear masks outdoors. We ate a normal Sunday dinner (indoors!) with my vaccinated in-laws on Sunday evening, just as we did in the before-times. It all seems so normal until I remember what we've all gone through in the last 15 months and just how different these last few weeks have been.

I'm finding it somewhat challenging to switch gears. Is it ok for the kids to play indoors at a friend's house? With or without a mask? (They haven't done it yet.) Mask requirements in stores are rapidly dropping, but isn't it a good idea to wear them still? Paul and I are fully vaccinated, but the kids aren't old enough for their shots. How should their risk, little as it might be, impact our plans for the summer?

So many questions, and I feel like we're getting more answers every day. This summer is shaping up to be better than last summer, although I'm still a bit wary -- just take a look at India to see why. But I remain cautiously optimistic -- and more optimistic with each passing day. The most important question of all: Is the pandemic really almost over for us here in the U.S.? I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...