Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Another Successful Crap Swap

I meant to write this post yesterday and schedule it for early this morning, but my head hit the couch pillow around 7 p.m. last night and I only got up at midnight to fall asleep again in my own bed. And then I basically didn't get up until 8 this morning. I'm not sick -- just exhausted.

It was a long weekend, and I didn't get much sleep. Our regularly scheduled Crap Swap was supposed to happen in April, but COVID forced a cancellation. It was rescheduled for this past weekend, masks and all.

This was the third year, and each year it seems there is twice as much stuff to give away. I think a dozen or so households brought items, and I believe I counted 19 tables. I started setting things up before 7 a.m. on Saturday, and I went to bed after midnight. And it was HOT. Miserably so. I will never again do it in the summer. And as exhausted as I am even yet today, I may never do it again period!

And yet it's nice to see our unused stuff get a second life, and it's fun to see what other people bring. But it's kind of like childbirth -- I'm going to have to forget how hard it is before I have another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...