Tuesday, February 25, 2020

President Books: An Update

The kids were home from school, and Paul was home from work. How could I have overlooked Presidents Day last week? And more to the point of this blog, how could I have failed to give an update of our quest to read a biography of every U.S. president?

More than ten years in, and Paul and I are still working on it. In January I finished "Forty Ways to Look at JFK" by Gretchen Rubin, comprised of 40 short chapters focusing on different aspects of his legacy. Paul has yet to finish it. I recommend it.

Slowly but surely we're getting there. Of course, we often talk nowadays about what makes a person presidential and the qualities a candidate needs. After all, the primary season is in full swing, and Ohio's own primary is less than a month away. By the time we get to the 45th presidential biography, I'm hoping we'll have a 46th to add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...