Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Birthday #38

Of all days that Vacation Bible School could have started, yesterday was the best it could have been. It was a great start to my 38th birthday -- three hours completely to myself.

But soon enough it was noon and the day proceeded like normal. Swim lessons for Edith, followed by our weekly trip to the library. Then a little birthday treat: ice cream cones for me and the kids and a living room viewing of one of my favorite movies, "La La Land."

The movie is becoming a birthday tradition, but there's another I like even more -- savoring a chocolate truffle cookie from nearby Northstar Cafe after the kids go to bed. I good start and end to the first day of my latest year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...