Tuesday, July 2, 2019

20th High School Reunion. Eek!

Huh.

That was my reaction when it occurred to me earlier this year that I originally moved to Columbus 20 years ago for college. Somehow it didn't occur to me, however, that I graduated high school 20 years ago, too.

So when I got an invitation a few weeks ago to my 20th high school reunion, it almost caught me by surprise. Nevertheless, I quickly responded "yes," even if I was a bit nervous to see some if my classmates for the first time in 10 years (our last reunion) or even since graduation day.

High school wasn't the best time of my life -- thank goodness. (I would hate to think my best days were that far behind me.) But I did have good friends, and I remain curious about their lives and families. Facebook scratches much of that itch, but it was nice to catch up in person and reminisce.

Will we have a 25th reunion? Or will 30th be next? Either way, I'll do my best to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...