Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Our New Piano


It may have been my largest spontaneous purchase to date.

Not in terms of cost, but sheer size. Last Friday we had a piano delivered!

It came about like this: I saw the piano listed for free on a neighborhood buy-sell-trade site on Facebook. Free pianos pop up every once in a while, and I had never seriously considered one before. But this one struck me for some reason. Simple and elegant. After a short conversation with Paul, I claimed it.

The next day we went to look at it, and the following day I had made arrangements with a piano moving company to have it delivered to our house four days later. Edith was so excited to go to school that morning knowing that a piano would await upon her return! Honestly, I was too.

Paul and I played around with it all weekend, and I managed to get through a beginner book that Paul still had without too much trouble. I definitely need to work on my left hand (and relearning the bass clef notes in general!) but my two years of lessons 25 years ago are coming back to me.

Edith, too, is now eager to take lessons (yay!), and both kids have been surprisingly respectful of the new instrument. I never would have guessed that I'd be so excited to have a piano in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...