Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Bus Ride to the Ohio Statehouse


The kids like to ride the bus, and I like to show them where their parents met. That means a COTA bus to the Ohio Statehouse is something Edith, Atticus and I can all agree on.

We made the trip a couple of summers ago, and I had it in the back of my head ever since school let out to do it again. I awoke last Monday knowing that was the day. No rain, just the right temperature, everyone in a good mood. We ate an early lunch and took off for the bus stop.

The route is easy. The closest bus stop is just a few blocks away. Catch the #2 and go straight down High Street for five miles. I people watch, while the kids look for construction vehicles and ask when they can pull the rope to get off at our stop. Plus, they learn how to take public transportation.


At the Statehouse, we went to the small (but well done) museum in the basement, then took the elevator to the Rotunda. Of course, we couldn't leave without peeking into the House Clerk's office, where Paul and I met.

We ate a snack on the Statehouse lawn, then it was time for the bus ride back. A perfect outing for a lovely afternoon.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...