Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Family of Four Christmas

Christmastime is always exciting for me. Of course there are the presents, but I look forward much more to spending time with extended family ... and stuffing myself silly with cookies.

While our Christmas routine won't much change this year, I think the holiday will be even more fun than usual. One kid will be celebrating his first Christmas, while the other will be celebrating it for the first time with at least some inkling about what the holiday really means.

At almost 9 months old, Atticus would be happy unwrapping an empty box. And the get-togethers and new faces may very well be overwhelming. But I'll remember the significance of the day for him.

Thanks to my sister-in-law for the photo!

Edith just turned 3 and kind of understands that Christmas is the day that Jesus was born. And she definitely understands the concept of opening presents!

For this one, too!

And so the season has been a tad bit more magical than it has been for many years. I look forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...