Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Decade of Paul ... and Sushi

I had my first date with Paul and my first taste of sushi 10 years ago today.

It's cliche to say that time flies, but it nevertheless does. A decade ago I had just started my summer job as a page at the Ohio Statehouse, and Paul was just ending his three-year tenure. We overlapped by just two or three weeks, but that was enough time for him to notice I was reading "Catch-22," his favorite book.

Our conversation about books turned into a conversation about his summer living in Ireland and backpacking through Europe. Next up: food. He couldn't believe I had never been to the Waffle House, and he said he was going to take me there. When he called later that night, however, he changed the location of our first date to Haiku, a really nice sushi place that we still enjoy, located in the Short North neighborhood of Columbus.

Two years and two months later, we celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary at Haiku as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...