Friday, September 17, 2010

My Very Favorite Hotel Is in New Orleans


Le Pavillon was the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

Sure, it was comfortable and the staff was friendly. But what really won me over were the free peanut butter sandwiches served in the lobby each evening.

Like all of the nice hotels I've ever stayed at, this one came courtesy of Priceline. For $65 a night, we were just a few blocks from Bourbon Street and the edge of the French Quarter. I could tell the hotel was faaaaan-cy when we walked into our room and found a ceiling fan and eight pillows on each of the double beds. Who could ever be content with just two pillows per bed? The thought!

Then I went in the bathroom and found this:


Yep, a drawn bath menu. Nope, I didn't partake. The cheapest bath, at $25, came with peanut butter sandwiches. The most expensive, at $80, came with champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries and rose petals. The most interesting bath, however, was $50:


But as I said, the peanut butter sandwiches were the highlight. Every evening, from 10 to 11 p.m., a table in the lobby was set with a platter of white, wheat and raisin breads, along with bowls of creamy and crunchy peanut butter and a variety of jams. There was even hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream.


Needless to say, I had evening snacks of peanut butter sandwiches on both Saturday and Sunday nights before heading out again for the evening.Who needs a continental breakfast? Give me some PB&J any night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...