Sunday, November 8, 2009

New York Celebrates Another Yankee Victory


News flash: The New York Yankees won the World Series last week.

And although I'm not particularly a fan of the Yankees, I did root for the home team throughout the postseason, so I just had to get a glimpse of the ticker-tape parade on Friday just steps from my office.

Actually, this was my second New York ticker-tape parade (the first was after the Giants won the 2008 Super Bowl), so I was prepared for the crowds. I made it to work just fine -- even a couple of minutes early -- but a couple of my co-workers weren't so lucky. They got stuck on the other side of Broadway, weren't allowed through the crowds and across the street, and took more than an hour to go about 2 blocks.

From my desk I could hear the cheers and screams from the crowd outdoors, so I could tell when the parade was nearby. I grabbed my camera phone and snapped a few quick shots of the spectators and floats. Did I see Derek Jeter? A-Rod? Maybe. I was really too far away to know.

The intoxication wasn't limited to the 21-and-over crowd. Some of my co-workers saw many a kid drunk and looking for more. I guess I was too busy wondering who was going to fall off their makeshift stool first to notice any of that.




There's always next year, Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...