Sunday, February 22, 2009

Make New Blogs, But Keep the Old

At least one or two people have explored the "My Favorite Sites" over there on the right sidebar of this page. If you've taken a look recently, you've probably noticed a couple of recent additions.

#1: Presidents by the Book

This blog is written by none other than my history-buff husband. Paul started it earlier this month when the two of us embarked on a new book project. We're reading one book on each U.S. president, in order. We just finished book No. 1: "Washington's Crossing" by David Hackett Fischer.

Paul and I have talked a lot about how our social studies and history teachers throughout the years focused on a few specific historical events. For example, it seems like I studied World War II every year in junior high and high school, but I can't remember learning anything about Korea or Vietnam.

So Paul's taking what he finds interesting in these books and relating them to both ancient and modern historical events. We're having a good time (and good conversations) with our new project.

#2: Thrifty Under Fifty

This blog is written by none other than me. Combine my hobby of pinching pennies with all of the new web stuff I'm learning at work, and this is what you get.

I'm highlighting one new item under $50 every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Some I've received as gifts; some I've given as gifts. Mostly it's just stuff I think is fun and hoping other people do too.

So that's enough plugging my own stuff for awhile. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. hee, I saw your Thrifty blog. And it's so cool that you and Paul are reading together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to 'talking at' everybody :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...