Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Brooklyn Museum

It seems that a lot of the museums around here have free or discounted hours-- during the workday. Luckily, one exception is the Brooklyn Museum. It's free the first Saturday of every month from 5 to 11 p.m.

Paul and I went this past Saturday. It was like going to Gallery Hop in Columbus, except we only visited one (very large) gallery.

The Brooklyn Museum is famous for it's collection of Egyptian artifacts. That bores me, and I feel guilty about that since it really is a big display. However, I did learn about crocodile cemeteries, so at least I came away with something.

I preferred the paintings (only one or two that I recognized) and The Dinner Party. The museum had also recreated rooms from homes of different eras, and I found that very interesting.

We spent about about three hours there and didn't see the whole museum. I guess that gives us something to do next month!

1 comment:

  1. When we went to Chicago for a family vacation several years ago, we planned all our museum trips around the free admision days :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...