Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Foxes at the Ohio Wildlife Center


 



Edith has been obsessed with foxes now for over a year. She knows a good number of fox facts, and a significant portion of her Christmas presents featured foxes. But she had never seen a real live fox.

That changed this weekend, when she visited the Ohio Wildlife Center with Paul and his family. I stayed home, since looking at wild animals in cold January weather doesn't quite appeal to me as much as it does to Edith. But I heard all about it when they returned home.

The wildlife center had three foxes, and she even remembered their names. The kids also saw a variety of other rehabilitating animals, like eagles, squirrels and raccoons. And because my sister-in-law volunteers there, they got to see some behind-the-scenes stuff, too.

Atticus enjoyed the visit as well, but Edith is the one who is eager to return and show me everything she saw. The center has open hours for the public once a month, so I wouldn't be surprised if a trip is in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...