Tuesday, September 28, 2021

A Wedding in the Family!

One of my cousins got married on Sunday, and I was excited for so many reasons!

  • It had been delayed a year because of the pandemic, so I was happy for my cousin that it was finally happening.
  • I have a great memory of this same cousin at our own wedding 18 years ago.
  • This was the first wedding that Edith and Atticus were to attend!
It was every bit as lovely as I expected. The ceremony and reception were near Detroit, in a beautiful outdoor setting overlooking the Detroit River. (Edith said she never knew a wedding could be so fancy!) Boats drifted by, and seaplanes flew within plain view seemingly feet away. The food was terrific, and I will be dreaming of the chocolate truffles and the frosting on that wedding cake for days. (Was it buttercream? But can buttercream be so light? I NEED TO KNOW.)

The kids were surprisingly fond of the dance floor, and we ended up leaving at 10 p.m. instead of our plan of 9 p.m. With a three-hour drive ahead of us, that was no small change! But we were enjoying ourselves too much, and we had packed the kids' pajamas, pillows and blankets in the car. They slept the entire three-hour drive home.

But best of all it was great seeing family, and adding a new member to it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...