Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I’m starting to make plans again, tentatively. 

Dad has his second shot. Both Paul’s and my mom have their first. If things go well, Paul and I will get the vaccine at the beginning of May. 

So maybe I can have a 40th birthday party this summer after all. A block party doesn’t seem out of the question in July or August. And we’re brainstorming vacation ideas that can be put together on a moment’s notice, depending on what the quarantine situation looks like. (Canada still might not happen.)

I suspect the kids’ school will be hybrid for the rest of this school year, but I have high hopes for five days per week in the fall. And Edith is already talking about her birthday party in November.

It’s hard to believe we’re a full year into Covid. Schools first shut down a year ago this week. Everything seemed so uncertain. And it still is, but now I’m more optimistic. We’re almost there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...