Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Almost Vaccinated

Things moved fast after I wrote last week’s post. I said that I hoped Paul and I would be vaccinated by May. For once real life was even better. Ohio’s governor opened up vaccine eligibility last week, so those 40 and older could get their shot. Paul got his first dose at a mass vaccination clinic on Sunday morning. As of Monday night his only side effect was a sore arm  

I’m a few months shy of 40, so I’m in the last group to get vaccinated in Ohio. Even that starts next Monday, however. After hours of refreshing vaccine appointment websites, I finally snagged a slot at a Kroger 10 minutes from home on next Tuesday. Phew. (Vaccine appointments are notoriously hard to schedule in Columbus, but in the more rural areas of Ohio there are appointments to spare. I know of many people who have traveled 45 minutes or more to get their shot.)

My second shot is scheduled for the end of April, so the weight won’t be fully lifted off of my shoulders til mid-May. Still, it’s nice to have something concrete to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...