Monday, May 18, 2020

The New Normal

The new normal is ...

... waking up and starting "school" 20 minutes later, occasionally as early as 7:30 a.m.
... needing a first-grade refresher once in a while. What's a predicate again?
... teaching a 5-year-old how to read. One of the most fun parts of this new normal!
... seeing Edith become a faster and faster typist. And remembering that I didn't learn to type until what? Junior high maybe?
... dragging a chair to the end of the driveway nearly every nice day, watching the kids ride their bikes.
... watching a TV show and thinking "that would never go now" whenever I see fictional strangers close together.
... patting myself on the back for all of the outdoor work we've done. If we're going to be spending more time at home, let's have it look nice.
... thinking about all of the things we're going to miss out on this summer. We were supposed to leave for vacation in five weeks.
... reading. So much reading. I've always read a lot, but now I'm listening to Edith read, reading longer chapter books to her, reading by myself and teaching Atticus some sight words. Books, books, all the time, books!
... keeping a mask at home and in my purse or car. Never know when I'll need it.

What's your new normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...