Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Holiday Season Begins

The long holiday weekend was so full but relaxing that I nearly forgot that it was blog day!

It's been a busy week -- last Tuesday Edith had some eight girls over after school to celebrate her birthday. Wednesday we purchased a new dishwasher. Thursday was Thanksgiving, of course, although it ended up being very relaxing since it was just our family and Paul's mom (although that didn't stop us -- ok, mostly her -- from cooking up a full spread). Friday we decorated for Christmas, inside and out. Saturday was the Ohio State-Michigan football game, followed by another trip to visit with Paul's family to celebrate his mom's birthday. And Sunday I didn't leave the house -- although I did read nearly 200 pages of a book that's been sitting on my bookshelf for longer than I care to admit.

Most Christmas presents are purchased. Decorations are hung. The weather is cold but not bitingly so. Just less than three weeks of school before break. The holidays are in full swing, and I think I'm ready for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...