Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Best Mother's Day Ever

My needs are simple -- an afternoon to myself and my favorite cookie, and it's the best day ever.

The kids were super excited when they woke up on Mother's Day. Trying to keep their gifts a secret all week was hard work! I was showered with three cards, multiple pictures and a gift covered in Edith's prized sparkle tissue paper -- an open box of pencils and some of their Easter candy. :) They were very proud.

That afternoon Paul took them to COSI, giving me the house to myself for three whole hours. I read half of a book. When they got home they presented me with one of my top three desserts of all time -- a chocolate truffle cookie from Northstar Cafe.

Everyone was in a good mood from morning to night. If only every day were Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...