Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Spring into Sickness

The last half of March was rough on our family.

Edith threw up on a Friday night, was sick all weekend and finally went back to school on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Atticus vomitted on Sunday night -- just as Edith was finally getting a bit better -- and wasn't out and about again until Friday afternoon. Just when I though we were all in the clear, I got sick that Friday evening and had to cancel our weekend plans. So no visit from my parents, and I had to sell our tickets to "Rent." Not a great week.

I was finally better by the following Tuesday, which made our family down for the count for some 10 days. Paul escaped with mild symptoms but did most of the cleaning. He spent the better part of an evening bleaching and Lysoling pretty much everything the kids and I could have touched, and I did at least 10 and probably closer to 15 loads of laundry from the beginning of our sicknesses through the end. Spring was here in name, but it took a long time to feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...