Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sleep

I'm tired.

How else to explain that I didn't remember until midnight last night that I hadn't written a blog post for today? My sleepiness is largely my own fault, however. I've been staying up late, seeing friends or reading a book that I unexpectedly found myself totally engrossed in. ("Prairie Fires" by Caroline Fraser -- this year's Pulitzer winner for the biography on Laura Ingalls Wilder. I highly recommend it.)

I finished the book last night, but that didn't stop the kids from waking in the 6 o'clock hour this morning. And of course they can't just get up quietly and play downstairs. No, it's STOMP-STOMP-STOMP, then some kind of announcement that obviously COULD NOT WAIT until a more reasonable time.

Edith and Atticus may not be so tired in the morning, but they are tired in the afternoon. They've both been taking periodic naps during their afternoon quiet time, which has been a nice surprise for me. Then they stay up a bit late at night, often playing with neighborhood friends. The cycle repeats.

I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...