Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Cruise 2017: Port Canaveral, Florida


The first stop on our December cruise to the Bahamas wasn't in the Bahamas at all -- it was Port Canaveral, Fla. This was the only one of the three stops in which we purchased an excursion, to Kennedy Space Center.

I had been there as a child but remembered nothing. In any case, it must be much different today than it was back then. Now it has attractions like 3D movies and a simulator ride, as well as a large Atlantis exhibit that was installed I believe fairly recently.



I enjoyed seeing the launch pads, the "Rocket Garden" and spaceships. Atticus got a little antsy during the 3D movie -- and I'm not sure I actually wore the special glasses -- but I think both kids liked the interactive parts (surely the play area outside!). And we all had fun on the steep indoor slide!











It was a fun day and a busy one. Both kids fell asleep on the bus ride back to the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...