Tuesday, August 8, 2017

2017 Defiance Hot Air Balloon Festival

This past weekend we headed to my hometown for a special event: the 2017 Defiance Hot Air Balloon Festival. I had never seen balloons clustered together like this before, and I was even more eager since the event was being held at the airport just down the street from where I grew up.

I knew that even if the kids didn't enjoy the balloons as much as I did, they would be thrilled with the bounce houses and trucks to climb into. And they were. But Atticus especially was enthralled with the way the balloons soared right over our heads, close enough that we could watch the pilots wave.

When the sun set, the nearly 20 balloons glowed and twinkled, and we each picked our favorites. It was a beautiful evening, and I would gladly attend the Defiance Hot Air Balloon Festival again.














No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...