Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Pause on Weekend Trips

It wasn't too many Presidents Day weekends ago when Paul and I drove from Brooklyn to Burlington, Vt., stopping to snow tube along the way. Compare that to this past holiday weekend, when the only things I could think of that I really wanted to do was sleep and eat.

That doesn't mean I don't like taking trips. See: Our first cruise. But quick getaways aren't so quick anymore -- with three, they take longer to prepare, plan and pack. And I suspect they aren't as relaxing as they used to be either.

Paul and I keep a mental list of weekend and day trips we'd like to take in the next several years. Some of those cities one or both of us have been to. Some will be completely new. Chicago, Cleveland, Indianapolis and St. Louis aren't really that far away. But the weather will be warmer and I'll be less (read: not at all) pregnant when they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...