Friday, April 10, 2009

More Proof That New York Is Different From Ohio

Twice today I was told to have a good Easter, "if I celebrate."

I'm certainly not offended, but I found the phenomenon quite interesting. In Ohio -- and especially in Defiance -- everyone assumes that you will be celebrating Easter. And 99.9% of the time, they'd be right.

Since moving to New York, I've become a lot more familiar with other religious holidays, and especially Jewish holidays. At the very least, it's good to know when they all are because that usually means a parking holiday-- no need to move the car for street sweeping!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny. Phil hasn't gone to a seder or celebrated Passover since we've been dating (he's not a religious Jew, though his family still observes the holiday), but partakes in Easter celebrations with my family. My mom even gives him an Easter basket every year. I tell him he's going to Jewish hell.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...