Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Feeling Low

I've been feeling pretty down lately. Nothing too serious, or at least nothing that's not to be expected in a year such as this. Winter is about to arrive, which means even less of the already-constrained outdoor socializing we've managed throughout the spring and summer. I've ordered even more masks and a big bag of cord locks so they are comfy. We're in this for the long-haul, and sometimes it's hard to smile.

In-person school -- only two days per week, but still -- isn't going to start next week as was previously announced. Now it's scheduled for two weeks later, and the whole thing is surrounded by controversy. I'm tired, I'm frustrated and there's nothing to look forward to. That last part is the worst of all. I'm the type of person who likes to have my next vacation planned before the nearest one is over. That's tough when vacation was cancelled and not even rescheduled. And it's really hitting home that we're not going to get any type of real trip this year.

In a couple of years (earlier, if we're lucky), this will all seem like a blip in time.  I try not to wish for the future too hard, but that's becoming ever more difficult.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...