Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Atticus Goes to "School"


When I drop off Edith at school, Atticus is ready to stay, too. During one drop-off, he sat down at a table in Edith's classroom and didn't want to budge. Now I usually keep him in my arms.

Needless to say, Atticus is excited to have his own "school." It's really the preschool co-op I started more than a year ago for Edith and a few other local kiddos. But those kids have now graduated to "real" preschool, so it was time to start the next iteration -- Atticus and three other 2- and 3-year-old boys.

This will mark the new co-op's third week, and so far it is going great. He knows and likes the other boys. He enjoys learning more about the ABCs. But the co-op's goal is far from academic. What I really want is for Atticus to be able to take directions from other adults and to be comfortable away from family.

The three other moms and I take turns hosting at our homes, providing activities and maybe a craft that focuses on a letter of the day, lots of playtime and, of course, a snack. Nearly as important is the 90 minutes of free time the co-op provides the moms that aren't hosting!

I haven't hosted yet, but I'm excited to see how this new class operates and to watch them grow throughout the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...