Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A New Kind of New Year's Eve

B.C. -- before child -- New Year's Eve was generally spent at a bar or a friend's place (sometimes both), with beer and much discussion beforehand about who would be the designated driver.

This year Paul and I hosted a small New Year's Eve get-together for his family and a couple of family friends. Edith was in bed long before the ball dropped, sleeping soundly as the rest of us chatted, played board games and ate copious amounts of food. Maybe the latter was just me. Who can resist fudge and peanut butter pie?

It wasn't a New Year's Eve of yore, but that's OK by me. It was a happy medium between the B.C. Eves and last year's -- which I can't totally recall but believe I was trying to coax my then-one-month-old back to sleep during the countdown.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...