Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween in Bay Ridge


My area of Bay Ridge has a lot of single-family homes, and they sure like to doll themselves up for the holidays. Christmas lights are just the tip of the iceberg -- I've seen one house with a Mother's Day flag perched off the front door.

But few holidays compare with Halloween in this neighborhood. Not only does Third Avenue hold a special parade in early October just to let the kiddies show off their costumes, but several houses deck their porches with orange lights and their windows with glowing pumpkins.

My favorite house -- the one I try to walk by each night when the sun is down and the moon is out as I exit the subway on my way home from work -- is on 79th Street. A pair of gigantic glaring eyes following you on your commute home? That's better than any haunted house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...